List of active policies
Most Recently Revised on Aug 31, 2020
WPMC2020 strictly complies with the Act on the Protection of Personal Information and relevant laws and regulations in treating personal information. WPMC2020 also complies with the GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation) for information obtained from the residents in the EEA (European Economic Area).
3．Updates of this Policy
4．Collection of personal information
WPMC2020 collects information identifiable such as names, contact addresses (e.g. e-mail) and additionally age, gender, countries and areas of residence or statistical data. When accessing our Website, in order to improve our service, we may automatically collect browser information (what browser was used to access WPMC2020 and associated websites), referer(information of from where a certain URL was accessed), cookie (record of WPMC2020 and associated Websites stored on user’s browser; user may enable/disable this function), or IP address (area of access is identifiable).
6．Use of personal information
WPMC2020 uses personal information only to the extent necessary to achieve the following purposes:
- To manage and administer registration, abstract submission, session proposals to WPMC2020 meetings and other meetings hosted or co-hosted by WPMC2020;
- To conduct WPMC2020 activities such as exchanging information within eachSection;
- To conduct WPMC2020 administrative activities such as the collection of Registration fees, and all the Committee activities including Awards, Publicity and Outreach;
- To accept paper submissions, reviews and editing to publishing;
- To achieve other WPMC2020 goals.
WPMC2020 may provide or use personal information for other purposes than the above in case of the following:
- By the requirements of laws and regulations;
- Upon prior consent of the person who has provided his/her personal information:
- When deemed necessary to disclose in order to protect a person’s life, body, or property, and in which the consent of the person is difficult to be obtained;
- Cases in which the handling of personal information is specially necessary for improving public health or promoting the sound growth of children and in which the consent of the person is difficult to be obtained;
- Cases in which it is necessary to cooperate with a state organ or a local government in executing the affairs prescribed by laws and regulations and in which notifying the person of the purpose of use may impede the execution of the affairs.
7．Management of personal information
WPMC2020 will endeavor to maintain and manage the contents of the collected personal information to be correct and up-to-date.
WPMC2020 applies appropriate security management measures to personal information maintained and managed by WPMC2020 against data destruction, falsification, or loss. WPMC2020 will establish procedures in the case of an emergency of the data protection and management to be followed from the stage of recognition, notification to solving the problem.
8．Retention of personal information
WPMC2020 will retain your personal information for a time period clearly justified for the purpose of WPMC2020 activities or for the length of applicable legal requirements. Personal information data past this period will be erased or be made unidentifiable.
9．Responding to your requests for disclosure, correction, suspension of personal information use
Under the provision of the laws and regulations, the requests to WPMC2020 to disclose, correct or suspend personal information maintained and managed by WPMC2020 will be properly and promptly responded to the best we can after authentication of the person who made the request.
1. Information disclosure
When a person makes a request for notification on the purposes of use of personal Information or a disclosure of personal information for him/herself, WPMC2020 promptly notifies or discloses in accordance with the prescribed procedure. We will explain if we cannot comply with your request.
When a person makes a request to correct, add or partially delete (hereafter called ‘correction’) personal information, WPMC2020 promptly makes the correction in accordance with the prescribed procedure. We will explain if we cannot comply with your request.
3. Suspension of use
When a person makes a request to suspend or terminate use, or disallow transfer to third-party vendor (hereafter called ‘suspension of use’) of his/her personal information, WPMC2020 promptly makes the suspension of use in accordance with the prescribed procedure. We will explain if we cannot comply with your request.